Poojya Sri Swami Shantananda Puri Maharaj – Second Aradhana
On 21st September 2016 (Wednesday) at Guru Bhoomi, Pandithapattu Village, Perumbakkam Road, Tiruvannamalai
Sri Swami Shantananda Puri Maharajji’s Mahasamadhi was on 14th October 2014. The Aradhana is observed based on Lunar Almanac (based on instructions in an old manuscript written by Swamiji and as advised by Saints and Priests of Sri Ramanasramam).
A. On 21st September 2016
- 6.30 AM: Milk offering at Swamiji’s Adhistanam
- 7.00 AM: Breakfast to devotees
- 7.30 AM - 10 AM: Veda Ghosham by renowned Vedic Pandits
- 10 AM - 11 AM: Chanting of Vishnu Sahasranamam, Lalita Sahsranamam and Akshara Manamali by devotees
- 11 AM - 11.30 AM: Archana with Guru Ashtottaram by devotees
- 11.30 AM - 12 Noon: Honouring of Sadhus
- 12 Noon: Lunch offering and Aarati at the Adhistanam
- 12.15 PM - 1.15 PM: Lunch to Sadhus and Devotees
- 2 PM to 4 PM: Srimad Bhagavatha Mahatmayam Recitation by Acharyas (a) Sri. Ramakrishnan, Thiruvanathapuram and (b) Sri. Viswanathan, Palakkad
- 4 PM – 6.30 PM: Sampradaya Bhajan – By renowned artists – Sponsored by Sadhguru Sabha, Ahmedabad
- 6.30 PM: Aarati at AdhistanamSri Ramakrishnan of Trivandrum with a group of devotees will be performing a Bhagavata Saptaham (rendering of Srimad Bhagavatham - Sanskrit text) from 28th April evening to 5th May noon at Swamiji's Adhistanam. On 6th May there will be worship of Sri Gurudev by all the devotees collectively. Details of the program will be circulated in due course and this may be treated as an advance intimation.Hari Om
B. From 22nd September 2016 to 28th September 2016 - Everyday from 6 AM to 12.30 PM
Srimad Bhagavatha Saptaham (Traditional rendering of Sanskrit text of Srimad Bhagavatham) – By Acharyas (a) Sri. Ramakrishnan, Thiruvanathapuram and (b) Sri. Viswanathan, Palakkad.
Poojya Gurudev Swami Shantananda Puri Maharaj’s SamadhiThis is for the information of all:
- Shri Swami Shantananda Puri Maharaj left his body on 14th October 2014.
- Swamiji’s last rituals were performed on 15th October 2014. The process started at about 2pm, when his body was taken from the Ramanasramam room. Various rituals were performed as per guidance given by Guruji [which he clearly articulated while he was alive].
- We are extremely grateful to Sri Ramanasramam who played the lead role in the entire process including building a Samadhi. This is a photo of the Samadhi where He is laid to rest in Panditha Pattu, a village which is about six kilometers from Sri Ramanasramam.