89th Jayanthi (Birthday) of Poojya Sri Swami Shantananda Puri Maharaj
6th May 2017, Saturday at Guru Bhoomi, Panditha Pattu, Perumbakkam Road, Tiruvannamalai, TN
- 7 AM – Milk offering at Adhistanam
- 7 AM – 7.30 AM – Breakfast to devotees
- 8 AM – 9.30 AM – Chanting of Sri Lalita Sahasranamam and Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam by devotees
- 9.30 AM – 10 AM – Archana by devotees chanting Guru Ashtottaram
- 10.30 AM – Release of Selected Works of Sw. Shantananda Puri Maharaj – Volume 4
- 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM – Srimad Bhagavatha Mahatmyam from Padma Puranam – Recitation by Sri. Ramakrishnan, Thiruvananthapuram and Sri. Viswanathan, Palakkad
- 12.30 PM - Food offering and Arati at Adhistanam
- 12.45 PM – Lunch for devotees
From 7th May (Sunday) to 13th May (Saturday) – Every day
- Morning 6 AM – Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam
- 6.30 AM to 12 Noon – Srimad Bhagavatha Saptaham
- Acharyas – Sri. Ramakrishnan, Thiruvananthapuram & Sri. Viswanathan, Palakkad
Poojya Gurudev Swami Shantananda Puri Maharaj’s SamadhiThis is for the information of all:
- Shri Swami Shantananda Puri Maharaj left his body on 14th October 2014.
- Swamiji’s last rituals were performed on 15th October 2014. The process started at about 2pm, when his body was taken from the Ramanasramam room. Various rituals were performed as per guidance given by Guruji [which he clearly articulated while he was alive].
- We are extremely grateful to Sri Ramanasramam who played the lead role in the entire process including building a Samadhi. This is a photo of the Samadhi where He is laid to rest in Panditha Pattu, a village which is about six kilometers from Sri Ramanasramam.